Wednesday, March 4, 2009

After speaking with an advocate for children, I found out something VERY important. It won't help my nephew much but...........it may help families out there BEFORE they fall victim to these agencies.

IF you or your family members are on a slippery slope, and NOT yet in the system of DHS (CPS) and are wanting to protect the children involved. You may want to look into a private probate guardianship. It is NOT stealing someone's child, it is insurance. I have been told that CPS or DHS has to recognize this appointment and the child will NOT be placed in a foster home. BUT you have to look into it for your own personal situation. Of course, being the relative, you will have to be appropriate too. (By that I mean be sure that YOU (or whomever is to be the private probate guardian) be in a situation where you are stable, free of drugs, criminal activity, etc.)

This would have to be a DONE and legally binding, by way of court papers, etc., as far as I know.

IN NO WAY CAN I GIVE ANYTHING THAT EVEN LOOKS LIKE LEGAL ADVICE!!! I AM ONLY INFORMING YOU OF A SUGGESTION THAT WAS MADE TO ME, AND IN MY CASE COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS CHILD FROM BEING PLACED IN A FOSTER HOME. Please look into this suggestion for you or your family members and your own situations and state laws;)

I WISH I had known before my sister left my home. It would have been a good way to get involved and at the same time, respect that NOTHING had been done wrong up to that point. It would be exactly what I called it before.........INSURANCE!

Thanks;)

No comments: