Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Avatar awakens strong feelings.

WOW the new movie AVATAR is wonderful!!! ;) What an amazing film to watch. The special effects are awesome to watch and the storlyline is well written. I easily fell in love with the believable characters and definitely rooted for the GOOD GUYS!

AND just WHO are the good guys? Is it the ALIEN humans trying to STEAL and take over the planet's resources OR is it the native people on the planet who try to defend themselves? Are the humans who turn on their OWN doing the right thing?

So many questions..........I know my answers.

I was vividly reminded of the Indians and their struggle for their land and lives when the white man (ANY men) came to claim their land! It was very sad and heart wrenching to watch and imagine the individual stories. People died and all they wanted to do was to KEEP their way of life and protect their people...children! hmmmm?

Many things remind me of these tragic times in our history. Funny how Avatar brought it to life tonight for me. I am SO sad for the people who have been wronged in this way.

I HOPE if I were there during ANY of those times, I PRAY that I would be one who would STAND up and fight for the good guys! AS I STAND now and fight for relative's rights to KEEP their family members / children!

The Indians, Slaves, Segregated, Jews..........the list is not a short one. The suffering is unimaginable! The pain is endless and no words can describe the feeling of loss.

Stolen children, land, lives.........when will it stop? When?

NEVER ever forget that just because someone says it is LEGAL or the NORM, does not make it OK to take what does NOT belong to you!
Stealing is not OK. Blood ties cannot be broken. A piece of paper does not make or break you. Children are not a commodity and cannot be sold to the highest bidder; no matter their color, race, or background.

Stealing a child does not make you a parent. Rehoming a child does not make you a doer of good deeds!! Remaining quiet and NOT helping these children return home does not make you neutral.........it makes you an accomplice!

Things WILL change............

No comments: