Sunday, April 19, 2009

Prevention of Infective (Bacterial) Endocarditis Wallet Card

Here is a link to the American Heart Association.
Just cut and paste to visit, if the link does not work for you.
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3003000

Anyone affected by a heart valve problem or murmur should look into carrying a card in their wallet warning medical professionals for you during emergency care.
Just think about it. Maybe you or someone you love is affected? In my case, quite a few of us have MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse). So this is a great idea for me to carry.

Endocarditis is preventable but can be fatal if left untreated. And of course, there are all of the in-between scenarios.

I just printed my wallet card out and emailed both of my sisters the link to do the same;)

No comments: